Wednesday, May 22, 2013

LAST WINTER TRIP TO QUARRY

As always Park City in the winter was absolutely amazing. There is just something about driving up the canyon and looking at the snow covered mountains after a long flight that just soothes my soul. Like I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I get that anytime we're there, and this one was no exception.

Since I am writing this post WAY after the date and I was considerably sleep deprived at the time, most of the trip was a blur, but there were a couple definite stand out moments for me.

First off, Campbell is crazy. This is not a huge surprise to anyone, but I still wasn't expecting this one. We were all sitting in the living room catching up when we heard the door close behind us. We looked out to see Campbell making a mad dash through the deep snow for the trampoline. I started to shake my head when I realized he wasn't wearing a jacket, gloves, hat, nothing, just some jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. I figured, well that'll be a lesson he's going to learn real quick. We all sat in the warmth and stared out at him and after about 30 seconds waiting for him to turn around and head back when I heard my dad say, "I think he left his shoes in here". Now the maternal panic set in. I jumped up and ran over to the door and sure enough his Batman shoes were just sitting by the door. I starting yelling at him to come in and he tredged back through the snow to me with the biggest smile on his face. Not even remotely bothered by the hypothermia and frostbite that was surely setting in. Just happy to be in the snow. Knucklehead.

Since Walker was only 10 weeks old on this trip, I was on a pretty tight leash. Most of the fun being had was while I was nursing Walker, or trying to catch up on sleep. Richie and Papa even took Campbell skiing on the bunny hill for the first time and although I missed it at least Richie filmed a little bit for me. However, I was able to steal a very special moment with my big boy courtesy of Jenny. I put Wyatt down for a nap and she watched Walker while I slipped out to the lake with Campbell. It was completely frozen so we strapped on our ice skates and went out. It was a mess. Neither of us could walk (or skate for that matter) and we were slipping all over the place. We laughed our heads off. It was overcast and snowing and we had a blast holding hands while trying to skate and catching snowflakes on our tongues. To this day it is one of my best parenting memories.

Here are some pictures from our last trip winter trip to the Quarry Mountain house.
Walker's first flight!

Campbell and Wyatt getting ready for a sledding ride behind the ATV


They loved it! Especially when we went off roading over the snowbanks.

At the tubing hill. Pouring rain but we couldn't care less.




Campbell and Wyatt playing in the snow.

Sledding back wards down the hill. Goofball.
Here's the video of Campbell's first time skiing. Thanks Papa for helping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment